BNU hosted a Fulbright 2024 Information Session on March 07, 2023.
Ms. Rita Akhtar, Executive Director of USEFP shared her insights and experiences about the Fulbright scholarship program, giving students a glimpse into the life-changing opportunities it offers. Many talented individuals gathered in SB Auditorium, all eager to pursue their dreams of studying abroad. The session was filled with engaging discussions and helpful tips on how to prepare for the application process.
The Fulbright Masters and Ph.D. Program funds graduate study in the United States. Funded by the United States Department of State, these grants cover tuition, required textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance. USEFP also assists with the visa process.
Here are some of the ways in which the Fulbright can be beneficial for BNU students:
- International Experience: The Fulbright Program provides a unique opportunity for students to live and study in a foreign country, immersing themselves in a new culture and gaining international experience.
- Academic Opportunities: Fulbright offers a wide range of academic opportunities, from conducting research projects to pursuing graduate-level coursework. These opportunities are often tailored to the interests and goals of individual participants, allowing them to gain valuable knowledge and skills in their chosen fields.
- Networking: The Fulbright Program provides opportunities for students to connect with scholars, professionals, and other students from around the world. This can be a valuable networking opportunity for students who are interested in pursuing careers that require international connections.
- Language Skills: Studying or conducting research abroad can be a great way to improve language skills, as participants are often immersed in a foreign language environment.
- Cultural Exchange: The Fulbright Program emphasizes cultural exchange, providing participants with the opportunity to learn about and experience different cultures firsthand. This can be an enriching and rewarding experience that broadens students' perspectives and helps them develop a greater appreciation for diversity.