BeaDS won top honors at Misaal ’16
BeaDS, the Dramatic Society of Beaconhouse National University (BNU) comprising mainly of TFT students, did a clean sweep of sorts at Misaal ’16. Organized by Beaconhouse A-Levels Johar Town Campus (ALJT), the three day festival (January 15-17, 2016) had competitions encompassing Literature, Arts, Media, and IT. BeaDS clinched a whooping 17 trophies, including:
1. Best Shortfilm (Eraj)
2. Best Screenplay (Eraj)
3. Best Director (Saud)
4. Best Editor (shortfilm) (Saud)
5. Best Music video (Anum)
6. Best Direction Music video (Anum)
7. Best Editor Music video (Saud)
8. Winner Charades Competition
9. Runner up Quiz Competition
10. Winner Battle of Bands (Shahrukh Sarfraz)
11. Documentary (Adeel Bhatti)
12. Best Actor leading role (female) (Hafsah Haq)
13. Best Actor Negative role (Male) (Kazim Javed)
14. Best Play (BNU)
15. Best Direction (play) (Hassan Raza)
16. Winner Individual Dance (Hafsah)
17. WINNER MISAAL'16
This is not the first time that BeaDS has made BNU proud. Last year, the society bagged top honors at LUMS Dramafest and Nukta'15, organized at Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences (PIEAS).
Founded in April 2012, BeaDS foresees and encourages students to challenge their acting sensibilities and showcase them to a larger audience. The society encourages and promotes students who hold the abilities related to dramatics and theatre. The mission of this society is to explore the idea of theatre and dramatics in the most productive and creative of ways.
We like to congratulate BeaDS members on their recent win and wish them all the best for future!