BNU is a world-class Liberal Arts institution offering undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in modern disciplines, many of which are not offered anywhere else in Pakistan.
BNU is proud to retain its identity as a non-profit, apolitical, equal-opportunity institution that celebrates its diversity through a good gender-balance, international students (from all SAARC countries besides Iran, China, Russia, the UK and USA among its student body) and students with disabilities.
BNU is committed to the quest of excellence and welcomes applicants who share the same vision. We welcome candidates from all over who meet our merit criteria.
- To be eligible for admission to undergraduate programs, a candidate must satisfy any one of the following requirements:
- FA / F.Sc with at least 2nd division (i.e. 495 marks)
- O-levels (in at least 6 subjects for international students and 8 subjects for local students) and 3 A-levels. Advanced Subsidiary (AS) will not be taken into account
- High School Diploma and International Baccalaureate (IB) result with at least 2.5 CGPA
- Equivalence certificate from IBCC for all international qualifications i.e. O-Levels/A-Levels, High School Diploma, International Baccalaureate etc.
Admission Requirement for BSc (Hons.) in Software Engineering & BSc (Hons.) in Computer Science (CS)
Entry requirement for BSc (Hons.) in Software Engineering & BSc (Hons.) in Computer Science (CS) is at least 50% marks in Intermediate (with Maths as a subject) OR Intermediate (Pre-Medical Group). Students of Intermediate (Pre-Medical Group) will be required to take deficiency courses in Mathematics of 6 Credit hours in their first year of study.
- The students with minimum 55% marks in intermediate or equivalent marks in A Levels are eligible to apply in BBA. (Hons.) program. However, the average marks in intermediate or equivalent marks in A Levels of last year's intake were 67%.
- For B.Sc (Hons.) Economics is at least 50% marks in FA / F.Sc or equivalent are required.
- Entry requirement for BSc (Hons.) in Computer Science (CS) and BSc (Hons.) in Software Engineering (SE) programs is at least 50 percent aggregate marks in Intermediate with Mathematics. Equivalent qualifications are acceptable, provided an equivalence Certificate is obtained from the Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Office. All applicants are required to appear in an Admission Test and Interview.
- Students awaiting their FA/ F.Sc/A-Level results may apply for admission at BNU. Selected candidates will be granted provisional admission only, which may be regularized after they have been declared successful and meet the admission requirements of the university.
Admission criteria for undergraduate level would be as follows:
* Split of marks for test & interview is at the discretion of the Dean/Director of respective school/institute.
- Student terminated from one school on the basis of poor academic performance or on disciplinary ground will not be eligible to seek admission to any other school of BNU.
- Similarly, cases of admission of student, rejected by one school, into another school will require the approval of the Vice Chancellor.
- All schools require mandatory written/aptitude tests to be taken on dates specified by the University.
To be eligible for placement in the postgraduate programs (MA/MSc) at the Beaconhouse National University, a candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities or Sciences from a recognized foreign or local college/university with minimum second division.
Students awaiting their BA/BSc results may apply for admission at BNU. Selected candidates will be granted provisional admission only, which may be regularized after they have been declared successful and meet the admission requirements of the university.
Eligibility Criteria for MS/M.Phil Programs
Criteria for admission into MS/M.Phil:
- MA or 16 years of education with BA (Hons.) from a recognized university with minimum CGPA of 2.5
- Written/Aptitude test, Interview
Eligibility Criteria for MA ADS
Applicants with minimum 16 years of undergraduate art-design education maybe admitted to this two-year program, and are required to complete 64 credits of coursework and thesis at the end of two years.
Eligibility Criteria for MA Art Education
Applicants with a minimum of 16 years of prior undergraduate education in art-design, or related fields (BA/BA Hons., BFA/B. Des., MA/MFA), may be admitted to the program and are required to complete 36 credits of coursework including Research Project/Thesis
Eligibility Criteria for M. Arch.
Minimum admission requirement is 17 years of undergraduate education culminating with a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited institution of higher learning. The candidates are to produce a clear statement of academic and professional intentions, appear for a written test and an interview.
Criteria for admission:
- 18 years of education from recognized university.
- For admission into PhD a minimum of CGPA 3.00 in MS/M.Phil or first Division in annual system is required.
- All educational documents duly attested by HEC.
- Comprehensive Examination.
- 18 credit hours of course work is essential before thesis