Dr. Tariq Rahman Elected as a Fellow of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences
Dr. Tariq Rahman, Dean BNU School of Education has been elected as a Fellow of the Pakistan Academy of Sciences (PAS).
PAS Fellows are eminent scholars having original and significant research contributions to their respective areas of expertise. Dr. Tariq shares the national honor with 4 other Fellows elected in the recently introduced Social Sciences category.
The 5 newly announced PAS Fellows listed with their current serving positions are:
- Dr. Tariq Rahman, Dean BNU School of Education, HEC Distinguished Professor
- Dr. Nadeem ul Haque, Vice Chancellor Pakistan Institute of Development Economics (PIDE)
- Dr. Tariq Banuri, Chairman Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC)
- Dr. Ishrat Hussain, HEC Distinguished National Professor, Institute of Business Administration (IBA)
- Dr. Zeba Ayesha Sattar, Country Director Population Council
The Fellowships have been announced following a process of 1.5 years and it is pertinent to note that Dr. Tariq received the highest number of election votes alongside Dr. Nadeem ul Haque.