MS Film & TV
Areas: Film and TV Production, Screenwriting, Cinematography, Acting, Sound, Editing
Duration: 2 years
Career Paths: Filmmaker, Screenwriter, Actor, Producer, Director, Cinematographer, Film & TV Technician, Researcher, Critical Thinker
MS Film & Television is a unique first-of-its-kind program in Pakistan that is designed to expose students to advanced hands-on professional guidance under the supervision of highly qualified and professionally trained faculty members. It is a two-year program that aims to impart the professional experience of film and television production techniques and critical thinking through discussions on film and communication theories and the latest research.
- Classes will be held at BNU, 13 km Off Raiwind Road, Lahore
- Foreign educated faculty & industry professionals
- Scholarships are available on Merit and Need basis
- Latest production equipment
- Film studios and TV channels visits
To be eligible for admission to MS Film and TV, a candidate must satisfy the following requirements: -
- MA or 16 years of education with BA (Hons.) from a recognized university with minimum CGPA of 2.5
- Written/aptitude test
- UGAT (University Graduate Assessment Test)* or GAT NTS
UGAT (University Graduate Assessment Test) will be conducted by the School of Media and Mass Communication, BNU. Admission to MS Film & TV program will be given on provisional basis until the student clears UGAT. Those students who fail to clear UGAT during their academic stay at BNU will not be able to complete the degree program. Applicants who have already passed GAT (offered by National Testing Service) will not be required to appear for UGAT.
Semester I - Year I
Semester II - Year I
Semester III & IV - Year II
List of Elective Courses
List of Thesis Options
- The roadmap is subject to change as and when required.
- Required credit hours are 30-33.
- Students may enroll in additional courses to improve their skills.
- The department reserves the right to advise a student to take a deficiency course or more.
- Students announce the duration and forum of their thesis film.
Successful completion of credit hours, projects and thesis