BS Business Intelligence and Analytics
Duration: 4 years, 8 semesters
Areas: Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Data Visualization, Data-driven Decision-Making, Big Data Analytics
BS Business Intelligence and Analytics is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on the application of data analysis and information management techniques to improve business decision-making processes. This program typically aims to equip students with the skills and knowledge necessary to analyze and interpret data, develop data-driven strategies, and communicate insights to decision-makers.
The program is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in the principles and practices of data analysis, data management, and business intelligence. The program integrates core business concepts with cutting-edge data analytics technologies to enable graduates to make informed business decisions based on data-driven insights. Students will gain hands-on experience in data collection, data management, data analysis, and data visualization using industry-standard tools and techniques. Graduates of this program will be well-equipped to pursue careers in a variety of industries, including finance, healthcare, marketing, and technology.
Merit Scholarships: Up to 75% of the tuition fees
Need Based Scholarship: Up to 100% subject to assessment of the need, certain verifications and competence
Beaconhouse Group Patronage Scholarship: 100% admission fee waiver for all graduates of Beaconhouse School System or its affiliates.
Graduates of this degree program are highly sought after by data-driven organizations such as
banks, multinational corporations, and manufacturing industries, where they can leverage their
expertise in business intelligence and analytics to drive data-driven decision-making. With their
strong foundation in business intelligence and analytics, graduates from this program are well-
equipped to excel in various data-centric roles across industries, making them valuable assets
for organizations looking to harness the power of data for strategic advantage.
- Business Intelligence Analyst: Analyzing and interpreting data to provide insights and make strategic business decisions.
- Data Analyst: Collecting, organizing, and analyzing data to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- Business Analytics Consultant: Assisting organizations in leveraging data and analytics to optimize their operations and drive growth.
- Data Architect: Designing and implementing data infrastructure and systems to support business intelligence and analytics initiatives.
- Market Research Analyst: Conducting market research and analyzing consumer data to inform marketing strategies and decision-making.
- Financial Analyst: Using data analysis and forecasting techniques to assess financial performance and guide investment decisions.
- Operations Analyst: Improving operational efficiency by analyzing and optimizing business processes through data-driven insights.
- Business Development Manager: Identifying new business opportunities and creating strategies based on data analysis and market trends.
- Risk Analyst: Assessing and mitigating business risks by analyzing and modeling data related to potential threats and vulnerabilities.
The program objectives for this degree are as follows:
- Develop a strong foundation in business fundamentals, including finance, accounting, marketing, and management.
- Develop analytical skills to collect, clean, analyze, and interpret data using various quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Develop technical skills to use various data analytics tools and software, including database management, data warehousing, data mining, and data visualization.
- Understand the role of business intelligence and analytics in various industries and organizations and the ethical considerations in data management and analysis.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify business problems and opportunities, develop data-driven solutions, and communicate insights to stakeholders.
- Learn effective communication and presentation skills to convey insights to diverse audiences, including senior executives, business stakeholders, and technical teams.
- Develop teamwork and collaboration skills to work effectively in cross-functional teams, including data scientists, data analysts, and business stakeholders.
- Gain hands-on experience through projects and internships to apply theoretical knowledge and develop practical skills in real-world settings.
- Develop a solid understanding of fundamental concepts, theories, and principles related to business intelligence and analytics, including statistical analysis, data mining, and predictive modeling.
- Acquire proficiency in using various tools, technologies, and software applications commonly employed in the field of business intelligence and analytics, such as database management systems, statistical software, and data visualization tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data from diverse sources, and effectively communicate the findings to stakeholders through clear and meaningful reports, presentations, and visualizations.
- Cultivate critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary for identifying business challenges and opportunities, and utilizing data-driven approaches to make informed decisions and formulate effective strategies.
- Gain practical experience in applying business intelligence and analytics techniques to real-world scenarios through hands-on projects, case studies, and industry collaborations, fostering the ability to address complex business problems and drive organizational success.
- Develop ethical and professional values, understanding the legal and ethical implications of handling data, and adhering to industry best practices and standards in ensuring data privacy, security, and governance.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the principles and concepts of business intelligence and analytics.
- Apply statistical and mathematical techniques to analyze and interpret data for decision-making.
- Utilize various software tools and technologies for data collection, storage, retrieval, and analysis.
- Design and implement data models and database systems to effectively manage and organize business data.
- Employ data visualization techniques to present insights and findings in a visually compelling and meaningful manner.
- Conduct predictive and prescriptive analytics to support strategic planning and optimize business processes.
- Apply machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to extract patterns and trends from large datasets.
- Evaluate and assess the impact of business intelligence and analytics solutions on organizational performance and competitiveness.
- Collaborate effectively in multidisciplinary teams to solve complex business problems using data-driven approaches.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in handling and managing data, adhering to legal and regulatory requirements, and promoting data privacy and security.
Motivated candidates with a serious commitment to learning and minimum 45% marks in intermediate or equivalent marks in A-levels or High School Diploma are eligible to apply for BS Business Intelligence and Analytics. Admission offers will be subject to the decision of the admission committee based on the candidate’s academic history and performance in the test and interview.
Key: M=Mandatory Course, GR=General Elective, F= Foundation Course, C= Core Course, S=Specialization Course *Interdisciplinary courses
Year 1 Semester 1
Year 1 Semester 2
Year 2 Semester 3
Year 2 Semester 4
Year 3 Semester 5
Year 3 Semester 6
Year 4 Semester 7
Year 4 Semester 8
Six to eight weeks’ internship will be mandatory for all students. Internship placements will be made from a prequalified list of companies only, will be supervised and have 3 credit hours on pass/fail basis in lieu of an elective course (Interdisciplinary).
Transfer of the students from other related schools/programs would be permissible for only those students who have secured a minimum 2.0 CGPA. Transferred students must complete 60% credit hours from BNU.
- Students are required to complete 135 credit hours with a minimum 2.0 CGPA and complete a mandatory internship and a final year project to qualify for the award of the degree.
- The student's academic performance and commitment to their studies are continuously monitored. Contrary to any other policy, the students failing to meet minimum academic standards and having a casual attitude toward their studies are dropped from the program.
- A hundred percent attendance of the delivered lectures is mandatory, however, the students with a minimum of 75% attendance are eligible to appear in the final examination. A course is automatically graded as W* if the number of absences exceeds 8 in a course of 3 credit hours each.