B. Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture)
Fields: Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Environment and Ecology, Land Economics, Urban Development, Planning Authorities, Code Authorities, Public Art and Sculpture, Construction Industry, Material Industry, Film Production, Theatre Production, Industrial Design, Fashion Design, Education, Environmental Psychology, Public-Private Partnerships in Housing, Educational Facilities, Infrastructure and Heritage Conservation Planning.
Duration: 5 Years / 10 Semesters
Career Paths: Architect, Building Type Specialist (Housing, Schools, Hospitals, Airports, Public Institutions like museums, galleries, performance halls...), Interior Designer, Urban Designer, Landscape Designer, Environmentalist, Land Development Consultant and Building Economist, Stage Designer, Furniture Designer, Virtual Environments Designer for Films and Video-games, Restoration/Conservation Architect, Building Energy Consultant, Code Consultant, Materials Consultant, Construction Manager, Architectural Historian, Architectural Critic, Architectural Educator, Architectural Photographer.
Razia Hassan School of Architecture offers a 5-year professional B. Arch degree program spanning over 10 semesters. The aim is to educate and empower the future architect whose design skills can range across scale and scope, in service of an individual client as well as the society at large; who on one hand is taught in an environment of history, theory and artistic expression but on the other hand has enough understanding of allied scientific and technical subjects to work with engineering consultants and construction industry. RHSA lays special emphasis on inculcating socioeconomic responsibility as a value that can manifest itself as the economy of means towards a generosity of beneficial ends in the built environment.
- To prepare students as Professional Architects.
- To prepare students for higher education in Architecture Studies and relevant disciplines.
- To impart design skills and scientific knowledge.
- To inculcate professional and ethical values in the students.
- Provide students with sufficient academic and professional base from which to pursue a career in this discipline from which to advance to further study and a potential academic career in Architectural Studies
- Comprehend an architectural design problem and then propose an architectural solution.
- Provide students with the skills necessary to apply their knowledge in the organizations and businesses in which they are employed.
- Meet the demands of the industry with up to date architectural knowledge
Admission Process & Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible to apply for admission at SA, you have to successfully complete your FA/FSc, with at least 2nd division or have an A level pass in three subjects or an equivalent national or international qualification. All applicants must appear for Admission test and Interview.
Students awaiting their FA/FSc/A-Level results may apply for admission. Selected candidates will be granted provisional admission only, which may be regularized after they have been declared successful and meet the admission requirements of the university.
The entrance exam will be a multiple-choice paper. Student will have to select the best or correct answer. The exam will assess the following with relevance to
- Candidate’s General Knowledge: historical, regional, social, literary.
- Candidate’s Cognitive ability: perception, memory, judgment, and reasoning.
- Candidate’s understanding of moral/ social issues confronted by architecture today.
- Interview by a panel of Faculty.
Semester I | Year 1 | Term 1
Semester II | Year 1 | Term 2
Semester III | Year 2 | Term 3
Semester IV | Year 2 | Term 4
Semester V | Year 3 | Term 5
Semester VI | Year 3 | Term 6
Semester VII | Year 4 | Term 7
Semester VIII | Year 4 | Term 8
Semester IX | Year 5 | Term 9
Semester X | Year 5 | Term 10
Total Credits 170
Completion of 170 credit hours along with thesis.
As of the moment, Razia Hassan of Architecture is not offering electives for students of other BNU schools. Architecture students, however, can take electives offered at other schools.