BNU has a state-of-the-art library to serve the faculty, students, researchers and staff of the university. The library has an extensive collection of printed and electronic books, electronic journals, Magazines, Catalogues and other materials including VHS, CDs, DVDs, etc. The books and other reading materials are arranged into different sections according to the specific nature of the collections. The library uses Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) scheme to classify and shelve its knowledge resources. It start from 000 and goes to 999 in decimal order.
By encouraging lifelong learning, ensuring freedom of access to information, and offering space for people and ideas to come together; we like to create opportunities for people to discover unlimited knowledge resources and connect with each other for knowledge-sharing.
Mission, Vision & Values
Our mission is to become a global organization that advances learning, research, and scholarly inquiry in an environment dedicated to the open exchange of information by:
- Building, preserving, interpreting, and providing access to rich and diverse collections
- Teaching the effective use and critical evaluation of information resources
- Developing creative and responsive services for diverse user communities
While our primary responsibility lies with the students and faculty of Beaconhouse National University, the Library welcomes and engages in scholarly, cultural, and artistic interactions with broader communities.
We aspire to be the best possible library for BNU community. We create opportunities to participate, connect and discover; by encouraging lifelong learning, ensuring freedom of access to information, and offering space for people and ideas to come together. We are committed to provide excellent services to our patrons.
Knowledge and Education:
We affirm the fundamental value of library in learning, research and the sharing of knowledge.
Intellectual Freedom and Integrity:
We support academic and intellectual freedom and the individual’s right to privacy, confidentiality and fair access to information.
We act with courtesy, professionalism and integrity in dealing with library users and colleagues.
We aim to meet the challenges of a continually changing academic and information environment.
Initiative and Creativity:
We value innovation and creativity in enhancing library effectiveness.
Library Opening Hours:
Library remains open 6 days a week. The regular timings are.
We remain close on Sunday & Public holidays.
Membership and Rules
Library Membership Forms (files attached):
Faculty and Staff Form
Rules and Regulations:
Users are expected to observe the following rules to avail smooth & effective library services.
- To activate membership, Students need to fill in a relationship form available at the library circulation desk and attach two passport size photographs and copy of CNIC or student card. You can get library card within 2 days
- In case of damage or lost card, new card charges will be Rs. 100/
- To maintain discipline, Librarian may request the patron to leave the library
- Leave your personal belongings in the designated shelf. Library disclaims any liability for loss or damage
- Submit any book or object for inspection, when requested by the library staff
- not write, underline or mark any book. Library books are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage
- After reading, leave books on the table or on the book trolley. Please do not shelve the books
- Complete silence should be observed except for brief and subdued talk with the library staff
- Drinks and eatables are not allowed in the library
- Keep your mobiles switched-off within the library premises
- Library card is a must to check out any library item
- Make sure you have provided correct e-mail address while filling your library relationship form
- Report lost book(s) or other material(s) to the library immediately through email or personally at circulation desk to avoid overdue fines
- While returning library books or other materials at the circulation desk, Please ensure that the circulation staff has returned properly
- In case of lost books, Patron has to pay 3 times of the current price or replaced book with the latest edition
- No group discussion or classes are to be held in the library