Institute Of Psychology launches School Psychology Certificate Course
Institute Of Psychology, Beaconhouse National University has launched a School Psychology Certificate Course which is a unique program catering to school teachers and counselors. The first cohort of the certificate program has comprised of teachers from Beaconhouse School System (BSS). The program was inaugurated on March 14, 2017. Present on the occasion were Founder Beaconhouse School System and Chairperson BNU Board of Governors, Mrs. Nasreen Kasuri; Director Education BSS, Dr. Lawrence Burke; Vice Chancellor BNU, Mr. Shahid Hafiz Kardar, Director, Institute of Psychology, Dr. Ruhi Khalid along with faculty and staff members from both BNU and BSS.
IP’s School Psychology Certificate Course is aimed at equipping school teachers and counselors with an in-depth knowledge of cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development of children so that they can help solve social, emotional, and academic problems faced by their students. This is one-of-its-kind course which will cover different aspects of the practice of school psychology.
Salient features of this course are:
- Highly qualified speakers from academia
- Focus on theoretical as well as practical aspects of counseling
- Three major modules, followed by hands-on training aimed at diversifying the exposure of the trainees
- Latest teaching methodologies of lectures, practical demonstrations and discussions
- Exposure to existing counseling facilities in the city
- Educational visits to counseling centers
Duration: 14th March - 28th March 2017
Time: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm