2017: Year in Review
2017 has been an eventful year for the University where our faculty and students made us proud through their research and professional achievements. This year we have our first batch of doctoral graduates from the Institute of Psychology. The University signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Chonnam National University, Korea as well as with five Turkish Universities including Yasar, Izmir, Yeditepe, Yasar and Dogus. Let us take a look back at some of the key achievement of our faculty and students during the year.
Mariam Dawood School of Visual Arts and Design (SVAD)
Dean SVAD Rashid Rana
- Dean Mariam Dawood School of Visual Arts & Design (SVAD), Rashid Rana received the prestigious Asia Arts Awards Hong Kong during the week of Art Basel in Hong Kong. Given by Asia Society, Mr. Rashid Rana received the award on March 23, 2017 at JW Marriott Hotel, Hong Kong during a signature gala celebration honoring the Asia Arts Game Changers.
- Solo exhibition at Leila Heller Gallery Dubai from March 9 to April 22, 2017, titled “Scatter in Time.”
- In conversation with:
Glenn Lowry, Leila Heller Gallery, Dubai
Boon Hui Tan, Art Central, Hong Kong
Alistair Hicks, Leila Heller Gallery, Dubai
- Pakistan Art & Culture (Panel Discussion), Colors of Indus 2017- YPO, Lahore
- After Art: paper read at the conference organized by Punjab Artists’ association, Lahore
- Risham Syed, HoD Fine Art, is exhibiting her work at Manchester Art Gallery from September 30, 2017 to February 25, 2018.
- In conversation with Natasha Howes, Manchester Art Gallery
- In conversation with Dr Tariq Rehman, Dr Syeda, Jasdeep Singh, Heritage Festival
- In Conversation with Dr Tariq Rehman, Quddus Mirza, School of Tomorrow conference
- Workshop conducted by Iftikhar Dadi (American Institute of Pakistan Studies) at LUMS on art history
- Workshop on mapping with Meg Parnell and Ruth Edson at Manchester Art Gallery, Manchester.
- Group shows at the Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester and Kunstraum Kreuzberg/Bethanien, Berlin, Germany.
- ‘Making the Invisible Visible- The body as a landscape’; conducted a series of workshops on contemporary jewellery, School of Art, Architecture & Design, UniSA, Adelaide, Australia
- Attended ‘Nazar- Ways of Seeing in Islamic Cultures’, Symposium, The Centre for Asian & Middle Eastern Architecture (CAMEA), University of Adelaide and Art Gallery of South Australia (AGSA)
Associate Professor and Head of Graduate Studies at SVAD, Mr. Ali Raza participated in a group show at Katherine Nash Gallery, Minneapolis. He also had a solo show at Canvas Gallery, Karachi in September 2017.
Ms. Kiran Khan, HoD Textile & Fashion Design, attended Tasmeem- A Global Design Conference, organized by Virgina Commonwealth University, Qatar, Doha in March 2017.
- Rohma Khan attended a workshop at Kunsthalewein, Vienna, titled "Gestures of Welcoming" in August 2017. She also worked as a member of DenkFabrik at the Community College, Kunsthalewein, Vienna, Austria.
- She attended Tasmeem- A Global Design Conference, organized by Virgina Commonwealth University, Qatar, Doha in March 2017.
In August 2017, Unum Babar had an Artist Talk at the Gallow Gate, Many Studios, Glasgow, UK in collaboration with Matt Kushan
Matt Kushan had a talk at the Gallow Gate, Many Studios, Glasgow, UK in collaboration with Unum Babar (August 2017).
- Presented at NAEA 2017 in NewYork, USA in March 2017. Her presentation was titled "Developing Curricula by Understanding Creative Expression of the Blind through Sensory Culture."
- Attended ADVED 2017- 3rd International Conference On Advances In Education And Social Sciences, Istanbul, Turkey and presented a paper "International Graduates: Pakistani Fulbright Alumni on Their Return."
SVAD graduate and faculty member Basir Mahmood clinched the VISIO Acquisition Prize 2017 at Florence for his work titled "Monument of arrival and return." He presented his work at prominent galleries in Paris, at Planet 9 in Germany, Contour Biennale 8 in Belgium, Transformations in Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Open Hand at Gujral Foundation, Jor Bagh, New Delhi, India and International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (IDFA), Amsterdam. Basir was also invited as a guest advisor by the Dutch Art Institute in March 2017.
From July 31 to August 6, 2017, Komal Naz attended a Residency at The Tetley, Leeds, England, as part of the New North and South network. "Performance Art Intensive" included workshops led by performance artists Nikhil Chopra, Madhavi Gore and Jana Prepeluh (BODYWORKSHOP).
- In July 2017, Matt Kushan and Unum Babar attended a 4 week Residency at Many Studios, Glasgow, UK, Funded by Creative Scotland, Glasgow City Council and Pidgin Perfect
- Rohma Khan attedned Summer of E-textiles. An E-textile Summer School Residency at Les Moulin De Paillard, Ponce Sur Le Loir, France in July 2017. She also Commissioned project for Karachi Biennial, Karachi
- Basir Mahmood received production grant for Contour Biennale 8, Mechelen, 2017, Belgium
- Lecturer Ehsan Ul Haq received three-year grant for established artists by Mondriaan fonds Netherlands for the period of 2017-2020. He also received STEP travel grant by European Cultural Funds for an exhibition at annual Contemporary art festival “Survival Kit 9” by Latvian center for Contemporary art Riga Latvia.
- Kubra Khademi, graduate of Fine Arts and UMISAA Scholar presented her work in a number of international exhibitions and festivals in France, Catalonia/Spain, Belgium.
- Mahbub Jokhio, SVAD alumnus, was selected for artist residency at Gasworks UK with support from Rangoonwala Foundation and the Charles Wallace Pakistan Trust. The residency will run from October 2 to December 18, 2017.
- Sana Obaid, a graduate of MA ADS program, had a solo exhibition titled “De-war” at Open Source Gallery, New York from July 28 to August 31, 2017.
Razia Hassan School of Architecture (RHSA)
Dean RHSA Dr. Gulzar Haider
- Dean RHSA Dr. Gulzar Haider participated at International Design Conference 2017, held in Karachi from 20 to 23 February, 2017. He delivered one of the three Plenary Lectures at the conference and also chaired an Academic Papers Session.
- Presented a paper titled "Towards Evolving Renaissance of Lahore" at THAAP Conference: City: An evolving organism 2017
- Convened the Pervaiz Vandal award for Art and Architecture 2017.
- Joined hands with Hope Uplift Foundation (HUF), a Lahore based NGO to design the DHA Campus school building for the benefit and facilitation of the underprivileged children.
Prof. Sajad Kausar
Prof. Sajad Kausar presented the paper "Rohtas Rediscovered: at IAPEX 2017 conference Lahore.
- Presented the paper "The Walled Garden: Shalimar" at THAAP Conference: City: An evolving organism.
- Published the paper "Remembering Manto: City, Architecture and Fiction" at Journal Publication in THAAP Journal, "People and the City".
Syed Haseeb Amjad, Maham Zohair and Zeeshan Sarwar
Presented the paper, "Water Towers of a New Lahore" at THAAP Conference: City: An evolving organism 2017.
Nisar Ali Mirza
Alumni and faculty member Nisar Ali Mirza won the IAP Kausar Bashir award 2017 for socially responsible architecture for his work 'Reclaiming public spaces at Thokar Niaz Baig'.
Final year student Aimen Fatima won the Nippon paint's Asia Young Designer Award 2017 in the category of Architecture.
School of Media and Mass Communication (SMC)
Dean SMC, Dr. Taimur-ul-Hassan
- Dean SMC, Dr Taimur-ul-Hassan’s research articles published in:
- HEC recognized Journal of Strategic Studies, Volume 36, Institute of Strategic Studies, Islamabad (Social Media and Credibility)
- HEC-Recognized Global Media Journal, Pakistan Edition Vol. X, Issue 01, Spring 2017 (Social and traditional Media Usage: A demographic analysis of Pakistani Youth)
- IISTE journal, New Media and Mass Communication 2017 (New Media versus Old Media: A Case of Pakistan).
- Jang/Geo group published an exclusive Article of Dean SMC, Dr. Taimur-ul-Hassan’s about Freedom of Press on International Press Freedom Day.
- Pakistan Art & Culture (Panel Discussion), Colors of Indus 2017- YPO, Lahore
- After Art: paper read at the conference organized by Punjab Artists’ association, Lahore
- Participated in a symposium on "Liberal Arts Education: Grooming the Youth" at the FCC University on August 16, 2017
Rana Faizan Ali
- HoD Journalism and Mass Communication Rana Faizan Ali participated in:
- Management and Professional Development Department Conference on “Media Crisis Management 2017.”
- Organized a Seminar on Punjab Right to Information (RTI) Act in April, 2017 by Punjab Information Commission (PIC).
- Developed the PMS Journalism Paper as PMS Curriculum Development Committee Member.
Syed Urooj Samdani
HoD TFT Syed Urooj Samdani attended the first ever Entertainment Education Workshop held for Academia between 9 -13 January 2017 in Dubai followed by a 3-day workshop, from March 21 -23, on Entertainment Education in Bhurban. These workshops were organized for the eight participating public and private sector universities from across Pakistan by Center for Communication Program Pakistan.
Dr. Wajiha Rizvi
- SMC faculty member Dr. Wajiha Rizvi (Associate Professor) presented a paper in the 1st International Humanities Conference, hosted by the Forman Christian College University in Lahore on October 13-15, 2017.
- A research article by Dr. Wajiha on Political conspiracy and propaganda has been published in International Journal of Media, film and journalism.
Lecturer SMC Zeeshan Zaighum attended National Media Workshop at National Defense University, Islamabad from April 10th to April 21st, 2017. The theme of this year’s workshop was ‘Empowering through Enlightenment.’
He participated in a session for developing a course titled “Conflict Coverage & Crisis Communication” organized by Ministry of Information, Broadcasting & National Heritage in collaboration with the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
Lecturer SMC Mehroz Sajid participated in a conference at Emerson College USA on Smart Cities and Soft Power with Dr. James Gregory Payne in 2017. She also organized USEFP Fulbright Career Counseling Seminar this year.
Assistant Professor Misha Mirza organized the first-ever BNU Model United Nations (BUMUN) from February 1-3, 2017. She also participated in the 1st International Humanities Conference under the title ‘Locating the Transcultural Humanities in Pakistan/South Asia’, hosted by the Forman Christian College University, Lahore.
Neha Aleem Mehdi and Werdah Munib
Participated in the 1st International Humanities Conference under the title ‘Locating the Transcultural Humanities in Pakistan/South Asia’, hosted by the Forman Christian College University, Lahore.
Workshops/Media projects by TFT faculty
- Faculty members Qazi Akhyar Ahmad & Nasir Ali Mazari conducted a small hands-on training session for members of US AID Lahore Regional Communications Working Group on making and editing videos on cell phones.
- In October 2017, Nasir Ali Mazari and his assistant Maryum Yousaf conducted one day workshop on Film Making Techniques at The Citizens Archive of Pakistan (CAP).
- Urooj Samdani produced TV show Bayaniya anchored by veteran journalist Mr. Imtiaz Alam, telecast on 5 Major TV networks: PTV News, Capital TV, Sindh TV, Mashriq TV, Vash TV
- Nasir Ali Mazari performed a role in TV SOAP "Ye Meri Zindagi" for Filmazia. He is also a voice over artist at Filmazia. He also worked in Radio Drama Serial "Rehaai" for Radio Pakistan Lahore.
- Fahad Malik, a student of Department of Journalism, SMC became the only Pakistani to be selected for Global Volunteer Program of AIESEC in Al-Maadi, Cairo, Egypt.
- - Maham Waqar of Theatre, Film and TV got selected for her Ugrad exchange semester at Keene’s State College, New Hampshire.
- Urooj Tarar and Muahhamd Ali Jaffer were hired as an Anchor and Reporter in Dunya Tv respectively.
- Hassan Raza, TFT student and member of BeaDS, participated in Winter School of Physical Theatre from 24th Feb to 3rd March, 2017 in Graz, Austria, organized by IGUTE. He also directed BNU’s second annual play this year, And Then There Were None, adapted from Agatha Christie’s acclaimed mystery novel. Hassan will be graduating on 12th Convocation.
- Alizeb Raees & Usman Banday, students of MS Film & Television program attended the 67th Berlin International Film Festival held from February 9-19 2017.
- Saud Manzoor: Saud recently worked in the feature film, "Rehbra" directed by Amin Iqbal, he was the associate director and also perfromed the duties of of the 2nd assistant director, too. the film stars Ahsan Khan and Ayesha Omer in the lead cast
- Anum Abid: Anum worked as an assistant director in the now running soap on Filmazia, "Yeh Meri Zindagi Hai" the soap itself is being produced and directed by the BNU Alumni students.
- Sharjeel Shahid: Sharjeel worked in an ISPR tele film as the 2nd assistant director, the telefilm is known as, "Jinnah ka sipahi" and was directed by Abid Hassan. It starred Salman Shahid and Sameena Pirzada in the lead cast.
- Yumna Baloch: Yumna recently worked as an actor in an upcoming Jawad Bashir's online show, "Chatkhara" which is soon to be aired on Hum TV's online forum and also she was the wadrobe handler in Bilal Lashari's upcoming film, "Maula Jutt 2" she handled the wardrobes of the famous and renowned megastars, Fawad Khan, Faris Shafi, Mahira Khan, Hamza Ali Abbasi and Humaima Malik.
- Ramis Shah: Ramis also worked in Bilal Lashari's upcoming film, "Maula Jutt 2" he was the wardrobe handler and also he worked in the media team for the event coverage of Islamabad United.
- Hooria Touseef: Hooria is working as the 1st Assitant Director in "Yeh Meri Zindagi Hai" which is being aired on Filmazia.
- Mohammad Eraj Hammad: He worked in Maula Jutt 2 in the wardrobe department and was handling Fawad Khan's wardrobe, he worked as an actor in Jawad Bashir's upcoming online show, "Chatkhara" which is to be aired on the online forum of Hum TV. He is now working as an actor in an upc oming soap called, "Parlour Wali Larki" directed by Nadia Afgan which to be aired on BOL entertainment.
- Mohammad Faisal Malik: He worked in the wardrobe department of Maula Jutt 2 and also was the assistant cameraman in the PTC TVC which featured Ali Azmat and Javeria Abbasi.
School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (SLASS)
- Our success in getting NOC from HEC is indicative of the full confidence of the regulatory bodies in our program design and curriculum.
- We were able to attract 238 applications despite raising the criteria of intake from 50% to 55% and strict compliance with minimum academic standards for existing students to further improve quality of intake.
- DBA launched two more streams of specializations i.e BBA with specialization in Marketing and BBA with specialization in Islamic Banking and Finance and received overwhelming response especially for BBA with specialization in Marketing .
- Mr. Burhan Ahmad joined us as an Assistant Professor. He is about to complete his PhD from the University of Huddersfield, UK. His areas of interest include Human Resource Management, MIS, Management and Organization Behaviour and IT in Business.
A research article by Mr. Ijaz Hussain of the Department of Business administration was published in the Lahore Journal of Economics.
School of Computer and IT (SCIT)
Syed Nauman Ali Shah
A paper by Syed Nauman Ali Shah, Assistant Professor SCIT, was presented for 14th International Conference on Innovation and Management (ICIM2017) in China.
Zuabir Anwar co-authored, Certified Supplier Quality Professional Handbook and contributed in Juran’s Quality Handbook, 7th Edition. He was appointed as a research reviewer and approver on Six Sigma, Lean Supply Chain in World Conference on Quality Improvement by the American Society for Quality.
Ms. Sameen Reza got the prestigious Fulbright Ph.D. Scholarship Program for Fall 2018.
Workshps/Conferences attended by SCIT faculty
- Ms. Shazia Rizwan attended PITB, Roundtable Conference organized by TechHub Connect on April 6, 2017
- Salman Butt and Saad Saleem Malik participated in a Workshop on Entrepreneurship Curriculum Development, organized by US Consulate General, Lahore on October 4, 2017.
- Zubair Anwar participated as member of American Society for Quality. He is the Chair SQBOK (Service Quality Division), and Committee Member CSBOK (Customer Supplier Division). He was also a reviewer/approver for 16 research papers/presentations for World Conference on Quality Improvement organized in May 2017.
- Hafiz Rana Moeed Khan got accepted in Masters in Computer networking at Charles Sturt University, Sydney Australia.
- Abuzar Awan got accepted in Masters in Computer Science at Fachhochschule Kiel, Germany.
- Abdul Hannan Khan got accepted in Masters in Software Engineering at University of Oulu, Finland. He is currently working as a Software developer at a research group, Fraunhofer ITWM in Germany
School of Education (SE)
Dean Dr. Tariq Rahman
- Selected at a Visiting Fellow at Wolfson College, University of Oxford (01 July-31st August 2017) to carry out on a book.
- Selected as Alexander Von Humbodlt Fellow at the center for South Asian studies,University of Heidelberg, from June 15-July 31 2018 (Date of selection 25th August 2017).
- On November 8, 2017, Dr. Tariq Rahman was awarded Best Book Award for the year 2015-16 for the book "Names: A study of Personal names,
Identity and Power in Pakistan" by the HEC (Islamabad).
- Received invitation to attend the Salzburg Global Seminar on Language Policy in Schloss Leopoldskron, Dec 12- 17, 2017.
- Paper titled ‘Soft Power of Punjabi: Language in the domain of Pleasure’, was published in Journal of Punjab and Sikh Studies Vol 24: Nos. 1 & 2 (Spring-Fall 2017), pp. 73-94.
Guest lectures by Dr. Tariq Rahman:
- ‘Language in Education Policy: South Asia’, Keynote Speech at IRTIQA Institute, 06 Feb 2017. Karachi.
- ‘The History of English in South Asia’, Special Lecture, Sindh Madrassatul Islam, 07 Feb 2017, Karachi
- ‘Challenging Myths about Urdu’, Guest Lecture, Pakistan Study Centre, 08 Feb 2017, University of Karachi
- ‘The Sindhi Language Movement,’ Distinguished Lecture, SZABIST, 09 Feb 2017, Karachi
- ‘Summing Up Speech’, IRTIQA Institute, 09 Feb 2017, Karachi
- ‘Language Policy in South Asia’, Discussion, International Language Day, Lok Virsa, Institute of Folk Heritage and Indus Foundation, 19 Feb 2017, Islamabad
- ‘Pakistan’s Languages and Diversity’, Discussion, International Language Day, Lok Virsa, Institute of Folk Heritage and Indus Foundation, 19 Feb 2017, Islamabad
- ‘History of British Language Policies in South Asia’, Lecture, University of Gujrat, 14 March 2017, Gujrat.
- ‘The Idea of a University: a Personal Perspective’, Faculty Development Programme, Lahore School of Economics, Lahore. 17 Mar 2017, Lahore.
- ‘English Language and Literature in South Asia’, Keynote Address, 1st Conference on English Language and Literature, Queen Mary’s College, 18 March 2017, Lahore.
- ‘Pakistani Culture and Society’, Lecture, National Management College, 30 Mar 2017, Lahore.
- ‘Language in Education Policy with reference to Mother Tongue Teaching in Pakistan’, Conference Paper, Pakistan at 70: 11th Social Science Conference, 7 Apr 2017, LUMS, Lahore.
- ‘The History of Writing with focus on South Asia’, Keynote Speech, Conference on Writing Centres, Cowasjee Centre for Writing, Institute of Bysiness Administration, Karachi, 13 Apr 2017.
- ‘Remarks as Chairperson on the launch of Muneeza Shamsie’s Hybrid Tapestries (OUP, 2017), Islamabad Literary Forum, 15 Apr 2017, Islamabad.
- ‘Personal Names and Caste in Pakistan’, Lecture, Lahore School of Economics, 2 May 2017.
- ‘The Teaching of Urdu in British India’, Seminar Paper, School of Education, BNU, 05 May 2017, Lahore.
- ‘Remarks as Chair in a seminar on Lahore: Past and Present’, Govt. College University, 10 May 2017, Lahore.
- ‘Paper on Language Poolicies and the Implementation: the Gaps and Silences’, in Panel Discussion, 19 May 2017 in Language and Learning Conference, SAHE, Lahore.
- ‘Panel talk on 70 Years of Writing in Pakistan: The Political Aspects of the Historiography of Urdu in Pakistan’, Oxford University Press, 25 August, 2017, Lahore.
- ‘Socio-cultural issues in Pakistan for National Integration’, Panel discussion, National Management College, Lahore, 02 Oct 2017, Lahore.
- ‘A history of the use of Urdu in the social Domains in South Asia’, Conference paper, 26th International Pakistan History Conference, 9 Oct 2017, University of Peshawar.
- Key Note Address on ‘The development and role of English in Pakistan.’ National conference on Contemporary \ trends in English Language & Literature, 13 Oct, 17,
Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad.
- Key Note Address: ‘Best practices to Ensure Objectivity in Research Papers’, National Parliamentary Research workshop, 13 Oct 2017, Islamabad.
- ‘Cultural Invasion or Linguistic change’, Conference Paper, 2017 Humanities Conference, F.C College University, Lahore, 15 Oct 2017, Lahore.
- ‘Sir Syed’s Interpretation of Jihad’, Conference Paper, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan Reconsidered: a Bicentennial Research Conference, FC College University, 16 Oct 2017, Lahore.
- ‘Lahore’s Linguistic Heritage’, Conversation as a Panelist, Heritage Now Conference, 21 Oct 2017, Alhmara Hall, Lahore.
- “Cultural Invasion or Linguistic Change”, Keynote Address, Conference on new trends in literary and Limguistics studies, UMT , 17th November 2017, Lahore.
- Hassan Mujtaba Zaidi, a graduate of BNU's School of Education, has won the Queen's Young Leader Award 2018. The award recognizes and celebrates exceptional young people across the Commonwealth, who are taking the lead in their communities. He was also selected among the top 6 social entrepreneurs for Accountability Lab's incubator in Pakistan for the year Jan 2017 - Dec 2018.
Institute of Psychology (IP)
Director, Institute of Psychology, Dr. Ruhi Khalid
- Dr. Ruhi Khalid chaired a scientific session at a one-day symposium on “Psychology for Change: Women and Community” organized by Institute of Applied Psychology, University of the Punjab on March 21, 2017.
- Presented a paper with Miss Fatima Nadeem on “Gender Role Attitudes, Career Aspirations and Career Choices of Young Adults” in The British Psychological Society’s Annual Conference held at Cumberland Lodge, Windsor, UK.
- Presented a paper on “Experiences of Care Givers of Dementia Patients” at a Seminar on “Alzheimer’s and related Dementia” organized by Alzheimer’s Pakistan, held at Hospitality Inn, Lahore.
- A paper by Dr Ruhi Khalid and Dr Farhat Jamil titled “Factors Contributing to Depression during Peri Menopause: Findings of a Pakistani Sample” was published in Sex Roles. Impact factor: 2.72.
- A paper by Dr Ruhi Khalid titled “Postnatal Affective Disorders: Mapping the research in Pakistan” was published in the Journal of Gender & Social Issues, Vol. 15, No. 1, 69-92.
- A paper by Dr Ruhi Khalid and Dr Farhat Jamil titled “Predictors of Academic Achievement in Primary School Students” was published in the Pakistan Journal of Psychological Research, Vol. 31, No. 1.
- The abstract of the paper by Dr Ruhi Khalid and Miss Fatima Nadeem titled “Gender Role Attitudes, Career Aspirations and Career Choices of Young Adults” was published in conference proceedings of The British Psychological Society, Psychology of Women Section, Annual Conference, Cumberland Lodge Windsor, UK.
- The abstract of the paper by Dr Ruhi Khalid and Miss Asma Bahir titled “Gender Disparity in Academic Achievement: A Systematic Review of Research Literature in Pakistan” was published in conference proceedings of The Third International Conference on Open and Flexible Education held at The Open University of Hong Kong on 6th-8th July.
- The abstract of the paper by Dr Ruhi Khalid and Miss Asma Bahir titled “Gender Differences in Academic Achievement a Systematic Review on Result Statistics of Secondary and Higher Secondary Examination in Pakistan” was published in Conference proceedings of The 2nd World Conference on Women’s Studies WCWS-2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Chaired the Scientific Session on “Psychology for Change: Women and Community” at a One day Symposium on International Women’s Day organized by Institute of Applied Psychology, University of the Punjab, Lahore.
- Dr Ruhi chaired the Scientific Session at 1st International Conference on Gender organized by Lahore College for Women University and George Washington University.
- Reviewer of the APA approved American Journal, “Sex Roles: A Journal of Research”.
- Reviewer for research publication of APA approved journal, “International Journal of Intercultural Relations”.
- Member advisory board of HEC approved journal – Pakistan Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology.
- Member advisory board of HEC approved journal – Pakistan Journal of Psychological Research.
- Reviewer for Journal of Behavioral Sciences, Institute of Psychology, Punjab University, Lahore (HEC X Category in Social Sciences).
- Consulting Editor of Pakistan Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology (PJSCP), GCU, Lahore (HEC Y Category in Social Sciences).
- Member scientific committee for the upcoming conference at the Psychology Department of Lahore Garrison University.
- HEC reviewer for psychological research,best research paper award for Psychology, and Faculty Development Scholarship
- Served for HEC as the member of the curriculum development committee for the BS and MS Gender Studies Programs
IP Faculty's Research Contributions
- The abstract of the paper by Dr. Farhat Jamil and Miss Abeer Saleem titled “Workplace stress and coping strategies of security guards working in private Universities” was published in International Conference on Health Psychology at GCU.
- The abstract of the paper by Dr. Farhat Jamil and Miss Fatima Javed titled “Gender differences in nutritional quality of life in young and old adults” was published in International conference on Gender at LCWU.
- The abstract of the paper by Dr Farhat Jamil and Miss Aisha Maqsood titled “Thinking Styles and Belief in Superstitions: Moderating Role of Gender in young Muslim Adults” was published in International conference on gender at NIP, Islamabad.
- Dr. Farhat Jamil chaired the Scientific Session on “Physical Illness, Mental Health and The Health Care System” in the International Conference on Health Psychology held at GCU.
- Mrs. Ayesha Sarfaraz and Sidra Afzal became BNU's first PhD in Applied Psychology.
- Tehmina Waqar presented a paper with Dr Ruhi on “Marital Adjustment and Life Satisfaction of Primary Infertile Women With or Without Adopted Children”, organized by Department of Psychology, Government College University, Lahore.
- Samar Asif presented a paper with Dr Ruhi on “Attitude towards Menstruation, Health Locus of Control and Menstrual Coping Strategies of Youth Muslim Women”, organized by Department of Psychology, Government College University, Lahore.
- Lamae Zulfiqar presented a paper with Dr Ruhi on “Social Anxiety and Interpersonal Sensitivity in Victims of Cyberbullying”, organized by Department of Psychology, Government College University, Lahore
- Abeer Saleem presented a paper with Dr Ruhi and Dr Farhat Jamil on “Workplace Stress, and Coping Strategies of Security Guards Working in Private Universities”, organized by Department of Psychology, Government College University, Lahore.
- Asma Bashir presented a paper with Dr Ruhi on “Gender Differences in Academic Achievement” in the 1stinternational conference on “Global Gender Perspective” held under a partnership between George Washington University, USA and LCWU.
- Aisha Maqsood presented a paper with Dr Ruhi and Dr Farhat Jamil on “Thinking Styles and Belief in Superstitions: Moderating Role of Gender in Young Muslim Adults” at 6th International Conference 2016 on “Psychology of Gender in Perspective: Issues and Challenges” organized by National Institute on Psychology, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
- IP Students attended International conference on “Health Psychology: Issues and Challenges” organized by Department of Psychology, Government College University, Lahore. April 2017.
- - Three graduate students of IP were selected for Fulbright Scholarship besides others joining Columbia, McGill, King’s College, Manchester, Edinburgh, Strathclyde and Glasgow University.
- Sijil Shahbaz went on UGRAD exchange fellowship.
- IP PhD scholar, Asma Bashir, began work as a guest researcher at a reputed research university in The Netherlands.
- IP students participated in performing arts competition at GCU, Lahore and won second prize
- IP students got distinction for participation in poster competition at GCU, Lahore in April, 2017.
- IP students did Volunteer work at Oasis (A School for Autism), Amin Maktab and Fountain House.